There is article right now in CNN entitled “Jon Stewart (The Daily Show) defends controversial book about the Obamas”, in which he says, I quote,
“She seems nice,” was Stewart’s assessment of the first lady after reading “The Obamas,” he told the book’s author, New York Times reporter Jodi Kantor. “I’m surprised at the controversy,” Stewart said, “because the book seems to portray Michelle Obama as a complex yet human individual struggling with this unbelievable situation yet remaining the moral compass and center of an administration trying to find its footing.”
After watching the video in “Jon Stewart defends controversial book about the Obamas”,
I have to admit that the book “The Obamas”
- Has a lot of back-stabbing compliments in it. Jon Stewart overlook them because these treacherous remarks are more detectable by women; as if the author knows perfectly well that women will be the main buyers of her book.
- Has indeed a structure aimed at trying to imprint into the readers mind that the First Lady is somewhat a very frustrated woman (Strongest innuendos and weak silent insults at the end of several chapters)
- Does not tell that all successful women or women married to a successful man like high quality or designers stuff that Michelle Obama likes; as if the author is labeling the majority of her readers as “financially challenged or poor people”.
- Is not written to tell us how we should empower ourselves by learning from First Lady Michelle Obama. From my spiritual investigator perspective, the omission of Michelle Obama’s path from unknown to the White House, feels the same as a crime against humanity, to me.
Finally, it is the author who comes out as an angry envious observer (Her mind is so blew up by Michelle Obama shoes, that she had to write about these shoes to be able to afford them.) and a sick person who knows how sick she is (Did you notice how the author used that fake sweet tone and voice, that she obviously rehearsed, to deviate the questions of the Journalist in the CNN video?)
This author is not only jealous on Michelle Obama’s house, she would like Michelle Obama to be threw out of it, this is why the timing of this book had to be January 2012. By the way, is it clearer to you now that when the morally questionable French first lady Carla Bruni launched the “life is hell in Washington” outrage years ago, it was to prepare the White House for Donald Trump, her ex lover? By the way, this Carla Bruni spends her hodidays with all her exxes, this is not progress, this is moral decadence at his best even through French standards! “The Obamas” is kind of the sequel of Bruni’s scandalous remark (Even it Michelle Obama truly complained at a bad moment, we did not have to know it; cause we all have harshly criticized a part of our lives at one point!), it is part of a game to rob Barack Obama’s seat at the Oval Office by directing his strongest partner against him: Michelle Obama or getting all female voters to have a distorted image of their First Lady.
However, there are 3 gifts that came with First Lady Michelle Obama interview in the following video – and I am grateful for them:
- First Lady Michelle takes time from her precious time to tell us that errors cannot be excluded where an author describes a stranger
- The whole Gayle-Michelle broadcast cannot be summarized by the above video, but the humility of the First Lady Michelle is obvious and inspiring, when sharing with us that she felt somewhat violated, even if Michelle Obama never said so. This sends also a clear signal to women and men of any age that we should protect who we are.
- First Lady Michelle Obama reminds us a very important fact: we should not believe everything we read. Even the Old Testament should be investigated; either you like it or not, although this investigation should not interfere with your faith.
I don’t really think that Jon Stewart defended the book as an attorney will do it in the court of public opinion. I think that the Michelle Obama in the book awakes the hero in him, who let a big sigh of relief at the idea that the First Lady is truly beyond fine.
Jon Stewart gives me the impression that he suffered from temporary blind love for Michelle Obama and wanted to protect her, enamored by the realization that she is just a real woman facing the same fears than any women and mother will face in the same circumstance.
If you want to learn something about Michelle Obama, do not open “The Obamas” want it is absolutely written in order to give you a false idea of Michelle Obama. I personally don’t want to spend my hard earned cash in sponsoring egoistic destructive feelings, even if it is associated with one of the things I like the most: the new york times magazine.
Bizarrely, I thought exactly the same as Jon Stewart when I read a few online extracts of “The Obamas” the first time,
“She seems nice,” was Stewart’s assessment of the first lady after reading “The Obamas,”… Stewart said, “because the book seems to portray Michelle Obama as a complex yet human individual struggling with this unbelievable situation yet remaining the moral compass and center of an administration trying to find its footing.”
Later in the sit-down, Stewart tells Kantor “But I only read it because I thought there was crazy sh-t in there. You really disappointed me.”
First Lady Michelle Obama has plenty of time to share with the world what she has or knows or wants. Jon Stewart, one of my favorite Celebrities, insinuated that somehow, but in a Comedian kind of way!
But this is the reason why Jon Stewart is TRULY one my favorite Celebrities ever: he is the funniest smartest one (I used to find his news more accurate than the official one) and when everybody in The USA was fighting about the deal-or-no-deal debt ceiling agreement last year, this very same Jon Stewart went to visit with the troops in Afghanistan. Who else in America would rather be in a war zone than watch Boehner and his republicans friends bring their country to the brink of the worst financial scandal ever?
However, I am taking this opportunity to add a link to Comedy Central, which is in the top 3 of my American TV channels. And I am going back to watching CC on TV again, starting today.
Black Queen Lara