(CNN) – After an avalanche of criticism, the White House is working on a way to thread the needle on a new health care policy which will require all employers-including religious institutions-to cover contraception in their health insurance plans.
Policy makers are angling for a loophole that would ensure women receive coverage without forcing Catholic charities, hospitals and institutions to pay for it, two senior administration sources told CNN Wednesday.
The administration is especially interested in the Hawaii model, in which female employees of religious institutions can purchase contraceptive coverage directly from the insurer at the same price offered to employees of all other employers.
Sources said policy makers are also looking at laws in 28 states that have similar coverage requirements.
Read more in Political Ticker
* Do you like this post? Click YES or click twice to say NOT REALLY, lol.
* Follow Black Queen Lara on Twitter
* Follow Black Queen Lara on Digg
* Like Black Queen Lara’s page on Facebook
* Be friend with Black Queen Lara on Facebook
* Follow Women for Obama News on facebook.